Friday, July 20, 2012

Dovizioso hails ‘dream’ home podium

Andrea Iannone Mugello 2012Andrea Dovizioso described his third straight MotoGP podium as a ‘dream’ result, as he took his Tech 3 Yamaha to third place on his home soil at Mugello.


The result was Dovizioso’s fourth podium in five races. No other non-works rider has finished in the top three so far in the 2012 season.


“For our team it’s amazing. I’m really happy about the work we’ve done. We were really strong in the race and I’m really happy about the podium,” said Dovizioso.


“The podium here for an Italian rider is amazing. It’s a dream.”


Dovizioso briefly challenged for the lead early on, passing Dani Pedrosa for second and then putting Jorge Lorenzo under pressure for a spell before the works Yamaha rider’s pace proved too great.


“I tried to do the best I can in front of all the fans in Italy,” said Dovizioso.


“I made a really good start, a really good first few laps, but I didn’t have pace like Lorenzo so I couldn’t keep that energy and that push up all race.”

Source: http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/other-news/motorcycles/motogp/dovizioso-hails-dream-home-podium

David Carl Allison Gregory Jack Biffle David Lee Blaney Michael Duane Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment