Monday, December 31, 2012

Priaulx certain of stronger 2013

Andy Priaulx Andy Priaulx is certain that the lessons learnt in his maiden DTM campaign this year can make him a much stronger competitor next year.


Priaulx scored points in four of the 10 races in 2012 on his way to 13th in the championship.


But the RBM BMW driver often found himself on the receiving end of opening-lap trouble after qualifying in mid-pack.


The three-time World Touring Car champion is looking forward to his second year and is determined to strengthen his challenge for honours.


“It was great driving in a completely different series and I can’t wait to go into year two, as I know I’ll be able to make use of all that I learnt this year in my M3,” he said.


“I was always aware that the DTM would have its challenges. I had some highs, including being the first BMW driver to score points this year at the opening round. And I had some lows as well; the non-finishes.


“However, that’s 2012 and now the focus is on 2013. The preparation is well underway.”


Priaulx’s M3 will be part of an expanded eight-car line-up as Ernest Knoors’ MTEK squad joins RBM, Schnitzer and RMG.

Source: http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/other-news/miscellaneous/dtm/priaulx-certain-of-stronger-2013

Taki Inoue Innes Ireland Eddie Irvine Chris Irwin

No comments:

Post a Comment