Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lorenzo sure he can still improve

Jorge Lorenzo2012 MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo insists there are still areas he can improve as a rider despite delivering his ‘best season’ last year.


The 25-year-old Spaniard has finished either as champion or runner-up in the last four seasons, amassing 22 wins and 54 podiums in the same time.


Statistically his best season remains 2010, when he claimed nine wins and a record 383 points en route to his first world title, secured three races before the end in Malaysia.


Lorenzo however believes last year’s triumph was his best, in particular because – save for the Valencia finale when he fell while leading – he avoided making any serious mistakes against a stronger field.


“In my opinion [2012] has been my best season,” Lorenzo told Gazzetta dello Sport.


“Even compared to 2010, when I won my first MotoGP title. Back then I won more races and scored a record number of points.


“But this has been a more balanced season, with many strong riders. We have always been serene and we never made any mistakes – almost…”


Jorge Lorenzo leads in France, 2012Despite such an impressive season, the Yamaha rider believes he can still develop, particularly under braking and in the wet.


He won a rain-shortened Malaysian Grand Prix and dominated in the wet in France during 2012.


“I can still improve under braking,” Lorenzo admitted. “For my riding style, in some cases I can brake a little later or ride differently.


“Also, I’m not perfect in the rain.”


(Translation by Michele Lostia)

Source: http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/other-news/motorcycles/motogp/lorenzo-sure-he-can-still-improve

Jean Pierre Jarier Max Jean Stefan Johansson Eddie Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment